If you manage a Shopify store, you know that email notifications can be a helpful way to stay on top of orders. But sometimes, you might want to disable some or all email notifications so you’re not constantly bombarded with messages.
To stop email notifications on Shopify, go to your Shopify dashboard > Settings > Notifications. Navigate to “Staff order notifications” and click the “Disable” button next to the name from whom you don’t want to get email notifications. Finally, click “Save” to complete the process.
Keep reading for a step-by-step guide on how to disable email notifications for yourself or other staff members.
1. Go to Shopify > Settings > Notifications
The first step involves navigating to the Settings section of the Shopify admin. Here are the steps:
- Sign in to your Shopify account
- Click on the “Settings” icon at the bottom-left corner of your screen
- Once in the Settings section, click on the “Notifications” link. That will bring you to the page where you can manage your email notifications.
2. Scroll down to staff order notifications
On the Notifications page, follow these steps:
- Scroll down until you see the “Staff order notifications” section. That’s where you can choose who should receive email notifications about new orders
- To disable email notifications for yourself, simply click on the “Disable” button next to your name
- To disable email notifications for other staff members, click the “Disable” button next to their email address or name. Once you’ve done that, they’ll no longer receive email notifications about new orders
3. Save the changes
Once you’ve disabled email notifications, make sure to scroll down and click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
Note: If you want to turn email notifications back on later, simply go back to the Notifications section in your Shopify settings and follow the same steps to enable them.
Here’s a YouTube video walkthrough of the steps to follow when turning Shopify email notifications on:
That’s all there is to it! Disabling email notifications on Shopify is quick and easy. Just follow the steps outlined above, and you’ll have everything taken care of in no time.
Remember, if you have any questions or need help, you can always consult the Shopify support team. They’ll be happy to assist you and ensure that your email notifications are correctly configured.
View more Shopify tutorials or check out the 44 must-have Shopify apps.