At some point, you may want to hide the payment buttons on your Shopify product page. Maybe you’re running a sale and don’t want customers to buy items until the sale starts, or you’re not ready to launch your store yet and want to hide these buttons so people can browse but not buy. Whatever your reason, hiding the payment buttons on a Shopify product page is a breeze.
To hide the pay buttons from a product page in Shopify, go to your Shopify dashboard, then click on “Online Store”, and click “Customize”. Next, select your product page from the top drop-down menu and click on the eye icon in the left panel. From here, you can choose the buttons to hide.
This post will guide you through how to hide the payment buttons on a Shopify product page. Let’s get started!
Recommended Shopify apps
- Downloadable Digital Assets – The best digital product delivery for Shopify stores
- CollabPay – Split profits of your product sales with others
Hide the Pay Buy Buttons from all product pages in Shopify
1. Go to your Shopify dashboard
The first step to hiding the payment buttons on a Shopify product page is to log in to your Shopify dashboard. Once you’ve done that, follow these steps:
- Click on “Online Store”
- Select “Customize”
2. Open the default product page template
Once you’re in the “Customize” section, follow these steps:
- Use the drop-down menu at the top to select the product page you want to edit
- In the left panel, you will see a section that says “Payment Buttons”. Click on the eye icon next to this section to expand it
3. Hide the payment buttons
Follow these steps:
- Click on the payment buy buttons block
- In the left menu navigation, you will see a list of blocks on the page and the Buy Buttons selected. Click on the (Eye) icon to hide the Payment Buy Buttons
- Click “Save” in the top-right corner of the screen
And that’s it! You’ve successfully hidden the payment button from your Shopify product pages.
Note: If you want to show the payment button again, simply go back to the “Customize” section in Shopify and enable to eye icon for the buttons you previously hid.
Hide the Pay Buy Buttons on an individual product page
To hide them on an individual product page, you will need to create a new page template and assign that page template to the individual product.
- Click on the drop-down at the top of the page
- Click on “Create template“
- Hide the Buy Buttons. All you need to do is select the Buy Buttons and click the (eye) icon to hide them
- Now, you will need to go back to your Shopify dashboard
- Click on the “Products” page
- Click on the product that you want to hide the Buy Buttons on
- Scroll down to the “Online store” box on the right-hand side
- Choose the new template that you have just created
That’s all you need to do! Now you will have hidden the Payment Buy Buttons on that single product page.
You can hide the payment button on your Shopify product pages in a few easy steps. This can be useful if you’re running a sale or are not ready to launch your store yet.
Hiding the payment button only takes a few minutes. So if you need to make this change on your product page, follow the steps outlined above, and you’ll have it done in no time.
If you need more help, be sure to check out our Shopify tutorials or get in contact with me!