For your Shopify business to grow, you must keep track of different metrics and understand how customers interact with your business. But to optimize your store, you need an analytics app. And the big question is, which is the best app for your Shopify store?
The best analytics app for Shopify is Google Analytics if you want a free and easy-to-use option. If you’re looking for a solution to integrate all your data into one location, we recommend Triple Whale and Polar Analytics.
If you’re interested, you can see more tutorials about Shopify apps here:
Let’s take a detailed look at these apps as we help you decide which one to use for your Shopify store.
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is one of the best analytics tools for beginners. Not only is it free, but it’s also fairly simple to use and navigate. It’s the largest used analytics in the world and should be implemented on all websites you own.
Enhanced Ecommerce is the part of Google Analytics that deals with e-commerce stores. It analyzes various metrics on your store and churns out reports to give you data-driven insights.
To add Google Analytics to Shopify is really easy:
- Go to your Shopify Dashboard & “Online Store” > “Preferences“
- Scroll down to Google Analytics and paste your “Tracking ID” into there
- Enable “Enhanced Ecommerce“
- See the full Google Analytics Shopify guide. Shopify only supports Universal Analytics at the moment, not GA4.
Here are some of the things you can do using Enhanced Ecommerce in Google Analytics:
- Track traffic from your external marketing efforts
- Track conversions from internal promotions
- Get insights into the purchasing behaviour of customers on your online store.
- Get reports on the performance of each product
- Gather data about your product listings’ performance and identify which ones drive the most conversions.
2. Plausible Analytics
Plausible is a web analytics tool that provides website owners with information about the traffic to their sites. Unlike many other analytics tools, Plausible is designed with privacy in mind and does not track or collect personally identifiable information about website visitors.
One of the key features of Plausible is its simplicity. The dashboard is clean and easy to understand and provides website owners with key metrics such as page views, unique visitors, and bounce rate.
Plausible also offers a range of other features, including the ability to track events and goals, view traffic sources, and see which pages are most popular.
Some key features of Plausible Analytics are:
- Privacy-focused tracking – Plausible uses a simple, lightweight script that does not require cookies or any other tracking mechanisms to collect website data, ensuring compliance with privacy regulations.
- Customizable tracking settings – Plausible allows website owners to customize tracking settings to suit their needs, including excluding specific pages or IP addresses from tracking.
- Event and goal tracking – Plausible allows website owners to track custom events and goals, such as form submissions or button clicks, providing deeper insights into visitor behavior.
- Simple, user-friendly dashboard – Plausible’s dashboard is clean and easy to navigate, with a focus on key metrics and insights that help website owners optimize their sites.
- Starts at $9/Month up to custom pricing via contacting them.
3. BeProfit Profit Calc & Reports
BeProfit is one of the best profit trackers you can use to track your Shopify store’s performance and know exactly how much money you’re making.
You can use this app to track multiple shops’ metrics on one dashboard. Integrate with Google Analytics, Klaviyo, Facebook, TikTok, and Snapchat Ads to get all the data required for a comprehensive report.
So what else do you get from using the BeProfit Profit Calc & Reports app?
- Marketing reports with a full analysis of your campaign costs and performance or different ad platforms
- Learn each product’s performance by analyzing costs and tracking sales
- Get data-based insights into your customers’ buying habits by tracking key metrics like ROAS and LTV
- Work with your team members on this app using the workspaces
- Automatically sync all your business expenses and get access to the organized data on a user-friendly dashboard
- 7-day free trial
- Basic plan – $25/month
- Pro plan – $75/month
- Ultimate plan – $150/month
4. Peel Analytics
Peel Analytics makes your Shopify business easier to run by giving you data-driven insights in a few easy clicks.
This analytics software is one of the best for understanding your customers’ purchasing behavior. You’ll learn your customers’ repurchase patterns and lifetime value through cohort analytics.
Peel Analytics also helps you identify your exact audiences so you can hyper-target them for retention, increasing your ROI.
Here are other advantages of adding Peel Analytics to your Shopify store:
- Get done-for-you data analysis and insights so you can focus on building your business
- Take advantage of Peel’s subscription metrics to reduce churn and increase subscriptions
- Get a customized dashboard so you can access your most important metrics in a few clicks
- Get automated daily reports sent to your email or Slack
- 7-day free trial
- Starter plan – $50/month
- Pro plan – $200/month
- Premium plan – $500/month
5. Conversific Profit Analytics & Benchmark
Since its launch in 2017, Conversific Profit Analytics has helped analyze tens of thousands of stores. This is one of the best analytics apps for your Shopify store.
Conversific helps you better understand your shop’s data. The app doesn’t send you endless spreadsheets that can sometimes be confusing or overwhelming. It analyses your reports so you can clearly see how your Shopify store is doing and what areas need improvement.
You get a user-friendly dashboard that you can customize to reflect the KPIs (key performance indicators) you are most interested in.
Moreover, the Conversific app gives you personalized strategies to optimize your store.
Here’s a list of what you get with Conversific Profit Analytics & Benchmark:
- Industry information and updates to help you compare your business with your competitors
- All your Shopify store’s data and KPIs are analyzed and presented in one place
- Daily reports to let you track key metrics
- A personalized plan of action according to your store’s performance
- Audience segmentation
- Data to help identify your best-selling and low-selling products.
- Free plan – $0
- Business plan – $29/month
- Growth plan – $79/month
- Scale plan – $199/month
6. Polar Analytics
This analytics software brings all your Shopify data insights into one place. It allows you to customize your dashboard to easily view your most important KPIs.
Never miss a key metric in your business by simply setting up smart alerts that send you screenshots via email or slack so you can act fast to correct any issues with your ROI.
Polar Analytics gives you access to important marketing insights thanks to its integrations for Pinterest Ads, TikTok Ads, Google Ads, and many others.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Polar Analytics software in your Shopify store:
- Get automated marketing and other business reports.
- Unlimited users mean you can share insights on the dashboard with your team members.
- Enjoy a user-friendly user interface that doesn’t require any engineering.
- Get unique visual reports on your customer’s Lifetime Value (LTV) and easily identify issues with retention or improvements.
- Free plan – Free
- Start plan – $149/month
- Growth plan – $349/month
- Plus plan – $649/month