Few things are more annoying than a constant stream of text messages or SMS notifications. If you’re worried about irritating customers or users with a bombardment of text messages asking about their orders, you can disable these notifications for them.
All you need to do is change a few settings, and we’ll show you how.
Disable SMS notifications for customers in Shopify
1. Go to Settings > Checkout
In your Shopify admin, you will see “Settings” in the bottom-left of your window.
Next, click on “Checkout“.
2. Enable “Email” under “Customer contact method”
Uncheck “Phone number or email” and check “Email”.
- Go to “Settings” > “Checkout”.
- Go to “Customer contact method”.
- Uncheck “Phone number or email” and check “Email”.
How to ask/not ask customers for consent for SMS marketing
- Go to “Settings“
- Go to “Notifications“
- Scroll down to the “Marketing” section and adjust “SMS subscription“
Disabling SMS notifications for your customers on your Shopify store is a great way to improve customer satisfaction and avoid annoying your customers. If you want to learn more, check out Shopify’s SMS guide.