Product reviews are incredibly important to increasing trust with the customer when it comes to purchasing a product. Not only does a high rating on a product lead to a potential increase in sales & credibility, but it can also affect unique site traffic by decreasing bounce rate and increasing dwell time.
You can add reviews directly on your site or enable imported reviews from Etsy or another commerce platform if you already have an existing profile with one of them.
The customer will receive a request to review their product up to 14 days after purchase, which they can then review the product they purchased.
Note: Scroll down to view our 9-second tutorial for adding reviews on Squarespace.
Pros & Cons of adding reviews to your website
Adding reviews to your Squarespace site can have several advantages, but there are also some potential drawbacks to consider. Here are some pros and cons to keep in mind:
Reviews from customers are a great way to build credibility and trust with potential customers. When visitors see positive reviews from other satisfied customers on your website, they are more likely to trust your business and make a purchase.
Improved search engine visibility
Reviews can also help improve your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) by providing fresh, relevant content and user-generated keywords that can help your website rank higher in search engine results.
Including reviews on your Squarespace website can also help increase user engagement and interaction with your site. Visitors may be more likely to leave their own reviews or comments, which can further increase your credibility and build trust with potential customers.
While positive reviews can be helpful, negative reviews can be damaging to your business. If you include reviews on your Squarespace website, potential customers may see negative feedback alongside positive reviews, which could turn them away from your business.
Adding reviews to your Squarespace website can be time-consuming, especially if you have a lot of reviews to add. You may need to spend time monitoring and responding to reviews to ensure that your customers are satisfied.
Overall, adding reviews to your Squarespace website can be a great way to build credibility and improve your SEO, but it’s important to carefully consider the potential drawbacks and whether it’s the right choice for your business.
Enabling reviews on your Squarespace site in 2 steps
You can add both store & product reviews to your Squarespace store. It’s strongly recommended to do this if you’re looking to improve your store’s credibility. It will only help your potential customers trust your site that much more.
Ensure you’re on your Squarespace dashboard, and select the website you want to add reviews to.
- From the website dashboard, go to the “Commerce” page.
- Select “Product Reviews“, and you’ll be brought to a settings page with several settings relating to reviews.
Product review settings
- Request reviews – When enabled, customers will receive an automated email 2 weeks after completing their order. The customer can ignore this or create a review for the product.
- Email Notifications – As the site owner, you will be notified if a customer reviews a product.
- Etsy Reviews – You can import any Etsy review if you already have a profile with already sold products on the platform.
- Display settings – You can display only store or product reviews on your site. You can also choose to display both.
Adding a review section to your site
- Start with adding a new section to your page you’d like to place your reviews.
- A new window will appear with plenty of options. Scroll down to “Testimonials” and choose one of the options that appear.
- All that’s left to do is to add reviews that you’ve received for your site.
Adding a dedicated review page to your site
- From your pages panel editor, select the “+” icon next to “Main Navigation“.
- Select “Reviews” and choose out of the options in the new window.
- From here, it’s just a matter of adding your collective reviews from your site on the page.
Expert tips for responding to reviews on your site
When responding to reviews on your Squarespace website, it’s important to be professional, courteous, and respectful. Here are some tips for responding to reviews:
- Thank the reviewer: Start your response by thanking the reviewer for their feedback. Let them know that you appreciate them taking the time to share their thoughts.
- Address specific issues: If the review includes specific issues or concerns, address them in your response. Provide any necessary clarification or information to help the reviewer and other customers better understand the situation.
- Be empathetic: Show empathy for the reviewer’s experience, even if you don’t agree with their perspective. Let them know that you understand their concerns and are committed to addressing any issues.
- Keep it professional: Your response should be professional and courteous, even if the review is negative or critical. Avoid getting defensive or emotional in your response.
- Offer a resolution: If appropriate, offer a resolution to the reviewer’s concerns. This can show that you are committed to addressing any issues and can help to turn a negative review into a positive experience.
- Encourage future feedback: Encourage the reviewer to provide future feedback and let them know that their input is valuable to you.
Remember, your responses to reviews can have a big impact on how your business is perceived by potential customers. By responding professionally and respectfully, you can help to build trust and credibility with your customers and demonstrate your commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Below is a straightforward, 9-second video tutorial showing exactly where to go and what to do to enable reviews on Squarespace.
Product reviews are and have always been crucial for running an online storefront. As explained above, store & product reviews help increase the store’s credibility and the level of trust that a customer has for a product or a store.
If a product or store has plenty of good reviews, other people will feel more inclined to trust that it’s a good quality product or storefront.