Instagram, with its visually appealing content and massive user base, is a powerful platform for promoting your Shopify store. By adding an Instagram feed to your Shopify site, you can showcase your products in a more engaging way and enhance your brand’s social proof.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of how to add an Instagram feed to Shopify, helping you to boost user engagement and increase conversions.
Why Add an Instagram Feed to Your Shopify Store?
Adding an Instagram feed to your Shopify store can significantly enhance your online presence. Instagram is a visual platform that perfectly complements e-commerce brands, helping to attract, engage, and convert consumers through social commerce.
By integrating Instagram with Shopify, you can leverage user-generated content to build social proof for your brand, showcase brand loyalty, and display your hashtag campaigns.
This integration can also help increase your website engagement, reduce cart abandonment, and boost your conversions.
How to Add an Instagram Feed to Shopify
There are two primary ways to add an Instagram feed to your Shopify store: using a Shopify app like Taggbox, Tagembed, or Instafeed, or manually adding the feed without an app.
Both methods are effective, but the choice depends on your specific needs and technical capabilities.
Using the Instafeed app
1. Install the Instafeed App from the Shopify Store
To get started, you’ll need to install the Instafeed app that can be found on the Shopify app store. It’s easy to install, and you can complete it in seconds. You can start with a free trial version and upgrade to a paid plan later.
You’ll also need an existing Instagram business account that is directly linked to your Facebook business page.
2. Add your Instagram Feed to your Shopify account
The next step involves adding your Instagram feed to your Shopify account. Here’s how to do it:
- Log into your Instagram business account with a desktop device.
- After installing the Instafeed app, open it and tap the “Connect an Instagram Account” button.
- You’ll be redirected to a new page displaying your account name. Ensure that the account is yours before clicking on the “Authorize” button.
- After authorizing the connection, some of your Instagram photos will be visible as proof, and you’ll find a green tab above with the description “Account Connected”.
- Next, you will want to place the feed somewhere on one of your pages. I’m sure you have a plan for where you want to put it.
Using a Shopify App
Shopify apps like Taggbox and Tagembed make it easy to add an Instagram feed to your Shopify store. These apps allow you to collect, customize, and publish Instagram feeds on your Shopify store both automatically and manually. They also offer the functionality to make your Instagram feed shoppable, turning user-generated content into potential sales.
Here are the steps to add an Instagram feed to Shopify using a Shopify app:
- Install the app from the Shopify App Store.
- Connect your Instagram account to the app.
- Choose your feed type (e.g., hashtag, handle, stories) and create your feed.
- Customize your Instagram gallery using different themes, layouts, styles, etc.
- Publish the Instagram feed on your Shopify store.
Adding Instagram Feed Without a Shopify App
If you prefer not to use a Shopify app, you can add an Instagram feed to your Shopify store manually. Here’s how:
- Log in or create a free account on a social media aggregator platform like Taggbox Widget.
- Add Instagram as the source of your feed.
- Choose your feed type and create your feed.
- Customize your Instagram feed as desired.
- Copy the provided embed code and paste it into your Shopify website.
Things to keep in mind when adding Instagram content to your Shopify store
- Choose Relevant Content: Ensure the Instagram content you’re embedding is relevant to your Shopify store. It should align with your brand’s image and the products or services you offer.
- Update Regularly: Keep your Instagram feed updated. A regularly updated feed keeps your website fresh and encourages visitors to check back often.
- Use High-Quality Images: Instagram is a visual platform, so make sure the images you’re sharing are high-quality. This will improve the overall look of your Shopify store and make it more appealing to visitors.
- Optimize for Mobile: Many users will be visiting your Shopify store from their mobile devices. Ensure that the Instagram feed looks good and functions well on mobile.
- Respect User Privacy: If you’re using user-generated content, make sure you have the necessary permissions to share these posts on your website.
- Engage with Your Audience: Use your Instagram feed to engage with your audience. Encourage them to follow your Instagram account and interact with your posts.
- Use a Reliable Embed Tool: Whether you’re using a Shopify app or a third-party tool, make sure it’s reliable and has good reviews. This will ensure your Instagram feed displays correctly and updates regularly.
- Monitor Performance: Keep an eye on how your Instagram feed is affecting your site’s performance. If it’s slowing down your site or not engaging your visitors, you may need to make adjustments.
Adding an Instagram feed to your Shopify store can significantly enhance your online presence, increase user engagement, and boost conversions. Whether you choose to use a Shopify app or add the feed manually, the process is straightforward and can be completed in just a few steps.
Start leveraging the power of Instagram today and watch your Shopify store thrive!