A drop-down menu is a great way to organize and tidy up the header navigation of your Shopify store. It’s also an excellent way to add links without cluttering the header. But how do you add the drop-down menu in the header of your Shopify store?
To add a drop-down menu to the header on your Shopify store, go to “Online Store” > “Navigation”. Click “Add menu”, then name the menu. Next, create nested drop-downs (sub-menus) by clicking the relevant “Add menu item to…” options.
This post will show you how to add a drop-down menu to the header of your Shopify store in 5 easy steps. Keep reading to learn the tips and tricks to get your drop-down menu running.
Adding a drop-down menu to your header: Step-by-step
1. Decide on the links you will add to the menu
The first step when adding a drop-down menu to the header of your Shopify store is to decide on all the links you will add to your navigation. Choosing the links your customers will use most often would be best.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the correct links for your navigation menu:
- Consider what your customers are looking for in your store, and add that information to your navigation menu.
- Ensure you add at least one of your store’s most important pages or links as an option in your navigation menu. For example, you can add a link to your homepage, blog, or product catalog.
2. Go to “Online Store” > “Navigation”
Once you’ve decided on the links you want to add, it’s time to add them to your drop-down menu. Here are the steps to take to access the Navigation section of your Shopify store:
- Log into your Shopify account and go to “Online Store“.
- Select “Navigation” from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen. That will bring you to the Navigation page on your Shopify store, where you can add the drop-down menu.
3. Add and name your menu
After you’ve accessed your Navigation section, you must add the menu you want to use for your header drop-down navigation. Here are the steps to take:
- Click “Add menu“.
- Give your menu a name (for example, “HeaderMenu“).
4. Adding menu items & links
Your main navigation menu is now set up, and it’s time to add menu items (also known as sub-menus) with links to the sidebar of your Shopify store. Here are the steps to take:
- Select “Add menu item“. A new tab will appear at the side of your browser.
- You can now name the new menu item and add a potential link in the” Link” box.
- Some new options will appear when you select the “Link” box. These decide where your link (menu item) will lead once clicked.
- Click “Save“.
A drop-down menu is a great way to keep your header navigation organized and tidy. By following the steps above, you should now be able to (or have already) added a drop-down menu to the header of your Shopify store. And if you need help with anything else related to setting up or managing your Shopify store, don’t forget to check our services page.