Shopify is an excellent platform for an online business because it offers fantastic support. One of the most popular features of a Shopify store is the ability to create an automatic discount for your customers.
To create an automatic discount on Shopify:
- Log into your account and navigate to the “Discount” tab, where you can select “Create discount”.
- Choose the type of discount and the products it will apply to, and then set the minimum requirements.
- Schedule the discount.
Creating an automatic discount on Shopify: Step-by-step
1. Log in and create a discount
The first step involves logging in to your Shopify shop owner account. Then, follow these steps:
- Find the “Discount” tab on the left of the screen, and select it.
- Choose “Create Discount“.
- You can select “Automatic Discount” if you want your customers to automatically receive a discount when they add products to the cart.
- Choose a discount type.
Now, you need to choose the discount type. You can only use one discount type at a time, and you have three different choices:
- Percentage: This involves reducing the price of an item or the whole order by a certain percentage. If this is what you want, choose Percentage in the Types section and then navigate to Value to add the specific percentage.
- Fixed amount: This allows you to reduce the price of an item or the whole order by a fixed amount in US Dollars. To choose this type, select “Fixed Amount” in Types and then Add a Discount Value.
- Buy One Get One Free: Buying one item enables customers to get another for free or at a discount. For the former, go to the “At a Discounted Value” section and choose “Free”; for the latter, select “Percentage” and then continue with other specifics.
2. Select the products To be discounted
Once you’ve selected the discount type, you’ll need to choose which products the discount will apply to. You can make your choice in the “Applies To” section.
- Select All products if you want to discount everything in your store.
- If you want to apply a discount to certain collections in your store, select Specific collections and then choose collections using the Browse button.
- If you want to apply a discount only to specific products, choose Specific products and then Browse to select them.
3. Set the minimum requirements
Next, you should set the minimum requirements in the Minimum Requirements section. You have two options in this case:
- Minimum purchase amount ($) sets a minimum amount of US Dollars a customer needs to spend to get a discount.
- Minimum quantity of items specifies a minimum number of items a customer should buy before getting a discount.
4. Schedule the discount
All that’s left now is to schedule the discount. Navigate to the “Active Dates” section and specify the schedule in Start Date/Time and End Date/Time. Once you’ve set the schedule, click “Save discount“.
Your discount is now active!
Creating an automatic discount on Shopify is an excellent way of promoting your business. All you need to do is log in, create a discount, and then choose the type of discount and the products it applies to. After scheduling the discount, your customers can enjoy paying lower prices.