Owning a Shopify store can be highly lucrative, but managing your finances is vital. QuickBooks is the top solution if you’re looking for an easy and seamless way to monitor your Shopify sales and expenses. So, how do you connect QuickBooks with Shopify?
You can connect QuickBooks with Shopify by installing Intuit’s QuickBooks Online Global app. After following the on-screen prompts, you can automatically sync your Shopify products, orders, and customers to QuickBooks.
This article will provide a step-by-step guide to connecting QuickBooks to your Shopify account. I’ll also explain the main benefits of using QuickBooks for Shopify and give you some tips for using this helpful accounting app. Let’s dive right in!
Connecting QuickBooks with Shopify: an accessible guide
If you’re ready to connect QuickBooks with your Shopify platform, follow these simple steps:
- Install the “QuickBooks Online Global app” to your Shopify store. This is an easy process if you’re already signed in to your Shopify platform. Visit the QuickBooks Online Global app and click “Add app“.
- Once you’ve downloaded the QuickBooks Online Global app, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Your Shopify store should now be linked to the QuickBooks Online app.
- You can sync your products, orders, and customers from Shopify to QuickBooks.
Three benefits of connecting QuickBooks with Shopify
If you’re still on the fence about using QuickBooks for your Shopify store, here are some compelling reasons to consider:
- QuickBooks makes tracking your sales and expenses much more effortless. With this helpful app, you’ll be able to sync your Shopify information into QuickBooks automatically, so you don’t have to enter every item manually.
- Having the two systems connected will make reconciling your books much more efficient. You won’t have to worry about manual adjustments or discrepancies between the two.
- Using QuickBooks allows you to take your Shopify store to the next level. With both systems connected, you’ll have access to real-time information that can help you identify trends and opportunities for growth.
Five tips for using QuickBooks and Shopify together
Once you have your QuickBooks and Shopify stores connected, here are a few tips to help you get the most out of it:
- Regularly review your reports. Set aside time (preferably once a month) to check all the information in your words. This will help you spot any discrepancies or trends that may occur so that you can sort them out before they become more significant issues.
- Tweak your settings. You can customize many QuickBooks settings to ensure you get the most accurate data possible. Take some time to review these settings and adjust them as necessary. A little effort here will pay off in the long run.
- Use the information for decision-making. Use the data from QuickBooks and Shopify to make better and more informed business decisions. Determine which products are selling best, track customer trends, and determine where your expenses are going so you can plan for the future.
- Automate as much as possible. Look for ways to automate your processes to save time and energy. QuickBooks can help you do this with its automation features, including scheduled invoices, recurring payments, and automatic payments from customers.
- Connect other systems. Connecting QuickBooks with Shopify is just the beginning. Consider connecting other platforms, such as payroll, inventory management, and marketing systems, to ensure all your data is in sync.
Connecting QuickBooks with Shopify is a fantastic way to ensure your sales and expenses are tracked accurately. Plus, having the two systems connected will make it easier to identify trends and opportunities for growth. You can set up the connection with just a few clicks and enjoy all of its benefits.